This is the second hat in my Mad Hatter Phase. I absolutely fell in love with the hat when I saw it. Not necessarily the gorgeous photography or the simplicity of the pattern but THAT HAT!! I had to have it as it was exactly. Low and behold I had a skein of Old Gold in stash. Bingo! My copycat Jane was born
Yarn: Patons Classic Merino Wool in Old Gold
Inspiration: Jane (Raverly Link Here)
Needles: Size 6 for the ribbing, size 8 needles for the rest
Yardage: approx. 200 yards (little less than 1 ball)
Modifications: Used smaller needles as I have no 7 or 9 16″ circulars, casted on 90 stitches to compensate
Enjoyment Factor: 10
- Super simple pattern that was made better with the doubled brim. I loved it in the picture but while I was knitting it I started having reservations. I even considered cutting it and making it a single thickness brim but once done and on my head it was love!
- Stash Busting once again!! Hat the exact colorway in stash. It was meant to be
- I like sewing/knitting into my caston edge. I think it is super fun. Glad I got to do it here.
- Who likes paying for patterns?! However, this one is worth it. Not necessarily because it is complicated rather I just like the entire presentation of it. Hell, presentation is a huge part of what made Apple so successful :smile: For that alone this pattern had me at hello (btw I hate that movie and don’t really like renee zellwegerthat much either…lol)
- The back sticks up a bit but that might have been due to my smaller needles making a stiffer fabric plus not blocking it. I will get to that as soon as I don’t want to have it on my head…that may be a while😀
- My pictures of my knitting lately. Kinda creepy sans face…LOL!
Yet another successful hat done. Two more to show and then on to the WIPS!