OMG. I just realized that I only posted two FOs last year. Guess the first part of 2011 may be a recap afterall…LOL!! Maybe by mid 2011 I could actually do a retrospective. Don’t count on it though. Onward and Upward for 2011.
Pattern Description: Knit dress with choice of bodice (surplice or V neck), backs (full coverage or halter), and skirt length.
Pattern Sizing: 6-22. I cut a size 18
Fabric Used: ITY knit maybe?? I can never tell. It is nice and slippery so it doesn’t cling at all
Notions Used: Elastic for shoulder gathering
Pattern Alterations: Combined the two patterns ala Amanda at Amanda’s Adventures in Sewing
- I made both of these dresses in about 1-2 nights and that is amazing for my speed of sewing. The black version was for a wedding and is slightly below the knee and the peacock print was a maxi dress I made the day before Thanksgiving.
- I love how the two patterns flowed together so easily
- I also like that the girls were sufficiently covered using the top portion from McCalls 6070
- I actually used this pattern more than once!! There are very few patterns that get that honor
- I used up some of my prized peacock print knit. I had been mulling over the pattern for too long and just decided to cut. Thank goodness I was
greedysmart enough to buy about 4.5 yards because I have more to play with 🙂
- For the black one I was in a such a hurry that I flipped the midriff band, but no one can tell except me 😀
- The weight of the long skirt on the peacock maxi dress kinda pulls the dress down more than I would like. Feels a little droopy because of the material selection. But the feeling, if not the actual affect, goes away as I continue to wear it and I doubt anyone is really paying attention to that either except me.
- That I have missed you guys and was too lazy to blog. Good thing we are close like that and I can disappear for a while but we pick right back up again like no time has passed 🙂 . Hope 2011 keeps me on track.