I ended up having to stay home from work today for various “Perfect Storm” style reasons. Nothing bad, but it was funny how things fell into place that led to my
joyous reluctant hookey day at work. To make sure the day did not go unappreciated I did some measurements for pants, some experimental cooking, and am now blogging yet another FO from 2010. Not bad for an unplanned day off.
Pattern: Simplicity 2560
Pattern Description: Misses’ knit cardigans with 5 views
Pattern Sizing: 8-24, I made a size 20 View A
Fabric Used: Grey Ribbed Knit with lots of Lycra
Notions Used: None
- This one was yet another quick knit project. I started and finished all the seams in one knit. It was the hem that took the longest. I contemplated leaving it unfinished but ultimately bit the bullet and finished off. I am happy I did
- This cardigan is a work horse. I think I wear it at least 2-3 times a week. As goldilocks would say…Not too hot, not too cold, juuuuust right 😀
- I really like the hook and eye closure I added. Super simple and not necessarily the best aesthetic addition but I like the way it doesn’t flop open and how the top portion defines my waist better.
- The hem was a bear. All that tiny hem plus the rounded edge was not my favorite part. I just trudged through and made it to the other side.
- I originally wanted to make this long sleeve but was not able to eek it out of the fabric I had. That will be the next version
- It was so easy I actually volunteered to make someone else one the next time I was cutting the pattern. This is bad because I have horrible follow through on crafting for others. Good thing I made no time commitments. But that does put a bit of a damper on when I actually make this pattern again :worry:
- I really love everything about the fabric I used for this cardigan as I think the Lycra has a very bouncy feel and great recovery which adds the perfect element to the drape on the front. The problem is two fold – One, I don’t know what type of knit I should be looking for and two,I have no idea where I got it.