Yarn: Knit Picks Shadow in Amber Heather (yarn held double)
Inspiration: The Infamous Clapotis
Needles: Size 6 needles
Yardage: 4 hanks (approx. 1760 yards)
Modifications: Added about 4 more straight section repeats, added fringe
Enjoyment Factor: 8
Knit Time: 4.5 months!!! That is an all time slowest..LOL!
- This is my second Clapotis ever. The first one was a bust because the yarn was just wrong Wrong WRONG! I don’t even know if I blogged about it. This one is perfect! The yarns is a great color, super soft and warm. I also like that the yarn is a little sticky from the fibers so the stole holds in place when you are wearing it.
- The yarn was part of a yarn swap that we did last year. I was so happy to get it. I then found out it was my buddy Skylar’s yarn from the year before so it is nice to know it “stayed in the family” and brings good yarn karma
- It came out to be a very nice size. The goal was to use all the yarn and I almost made it. I could have done two more repeats probably but ultimately the left over was minimal enough for me to…hold your breath…throw it away! 😯
- I love the fringe! I made the same fringe as on my Lady Eleanor because I like it so much. It also weighs the edges and helps keep the scarf in place. Plus I like the swish swish swish of it all.
- The fringe took hours. I knew it would be long but DANG! It took even longer than the one on my Lady E because I used 4 strand of yarn 40″ long, the twisted them a bit as I tied them. Afterward I blocked them to set the twist. Good thing I like fringe 🙂
- How long it took to make. 4.5 months people!! That use to be a lifetime for me but now it is just par for the course. Too much to do, too little time.
- I hope you were not expecting much here. I mean there are at least 11,738 finished Clapotis in the world and counting…how much ugly could there be?!