Flutter sleeves! I was and still am obsessed with flutter sleeves so when I saw this pattern I had to have it. All the while I had this gorgeous yellow green fabric that I picked up at M&L that had to find the perfect pattern. Together they made this really fun top. Although you can’t really see it in this picture, I wore it with a plum/purple tank underneath. I was loving this combination! I truly felt like a peacock with such vibrant colors.
Pattern: New Look 6648, View C
Pattern Description: Easy tops with gathered waistbands – 3 variations
Pattern Sizing: 6-16. I upsized the pattern to 18 but probably didn’t need to.
Fabric Used: 1 7/8 cheapy t-shirt fabric from M&L
Notions Used: none
Pattern Alterations: None really… except lapping the fronts more than stated in pattern.
- I love this fabric color. I love that my skin tone allows me to where just about any color that would make others look sickly. It just make me feel good all day
- The pattern worked up quick without much fuss at all.
- Love the ruched band at the bottom. This alone will require that I make one of each of the other 3 versions with the exception of view B which just doesn’t do it for me.
- The shape of these sleeve on this version. I knew that it would flutter in just the right ways…and I was right!
- I upsized this pattern based on the bust size measurements to an 18 (40″ bust) but probably would have been just fine with the 16. The waistband increase was definitely a must for my ample hips.
- The necklines on these shirts are for Paul Bunyan shoulders because they are huge. I saw this warning on patternreview for the boat neck version but thought I could compensate with the crossover version. However, when I got excessive with the overlap the back neckline would gape. It is not horrible but this shirt is definitely adjustable, meaning I am toying with it throughout the day to make sure it looks right and not showing too much bra/tank strap, but it does look cute…just could be cute and less fussy.
- It is hard to take pictures of these type of sleeves without resulting to the double hands on hips pose so I tried to spice it up a little to show you some other angles 🙂
- You definitely have to wear a tank underneath this version. Not only for the crossover being quite deep, but also the width of those sleeves will show all your girls if you are reaching too far.
- I had to tack down the overlap to make it a little less fussy. However, this is actually something I normally do on overlap shirts. Actually this probably means I need to look into some mock overlap designs…
- None… really except for that damn neckline issue. So instead I give you my voodoo picture! Why? ’cause I was feeling quite bad winged and evil during my timer pictures and I think this one is hella funny.
Yooouuuu willl make this patttternnnnn!!!!
Can you feel it? If yes…
Yooouuuu willl leavvveee a comment toooo!!!
Hee hee 😀
Have a good weekend!!