Yes, I have been thinking of you, my blog reading community. I have been thinking about how I really REALLY need to post soon. I have so much to tell you and so little motivation to get it done. So here are some highlights in the crafting world.
- Bradshaw is done, the post is written, now all I need are the pictures to go with it! The weather, my motivation, and the presence of photographers is not cooperating.
- I went to a yarn swap on Sunday. It was so great. I donated 37 balls to the swap and walked away with 6 balls of Knitpicks Shine Sport, which I have been wanting to use!! I was so proud of myself!! I could have easily walked away with more than I came with, but I was the queen of self control.
- Still working on my McCall’s jacket. All that work matching plaids was destroyed on the first stitch because the plaids on the two fronts were not matched properly. I kept sewing and the rest of the plaids look ok so far. I could blame the teacher since she was helping me, but instead I will chalk it up to a learning experience and move on. Hopefully it doesn’t look too bad in the end.
- Did some fabric shopping in Downtown L.A. It is soooo overwhelming that while I was going to find woolen fabrics, I walked away with some pretty shirting instead. Go figure!
- Knitting has been a series of disappointments. I have so many WIPs right now it is crazy!! All because I am not that in love with any of them. Hopefully my newest shipment of sale yarn will bring back the mojo. I bought some 50% off Calmer from Elann. CALMER PEOPLE!!! I couldn’t pass it up. I was poised by the computer at 9:00 am and by 9:04 am it was completely sold out! It looks like I got my allotment of Refresh and it should improve my Sour knitting mood. Can’t wait until it gets here!
So that is it for now. I promise some knitting, sewing and FO updates soon. Sorry for the rushed post but that is pretty much all I could muster.