Can I tell you how excited I am to have made this gnome?!! He is so cute! I happened to stumble upon the Knitting Gnome KAL and had to make him. I have seem so many cool gnomes since then. This one was made for my best friend who loves gnomes so I thought it would be perfect as one of her Christmas presents.
Yarn: Paton’s Classic Merino Wool in Grey and Red, and random acrylic for face color.
Inspiration: Simply Knitting 05 Yuletide Gnome
Needles: Size 3 for gnome, Size 6 for beard
Yardage: Ummmm…not a whole lot. You can probably make 3 gnomes out of the yardage in the Paton’s Yarn balls
- I knit the brim of the hat differently. This was pure accident though
- I knit the beard on 6’s. This came to mind after checking out the posts over at YummyYarn
- The Good: Everything about this pattern (except for maybe the seaming) was good. It knit up fairly quickly in between my other Christmas knitting. I absolutely love the way this gnome came out. I had to play with him a little…so here he is
Mr gnomey was tired after a hard first day of life
So I made him a cup of coffee and we talked about life as a gnome
- The Bad: I would have to say the seaming is a bit much especially with the little thumbs. But I don’t mind it SOOO much so it was okay.
- The Ugly: No so much an ugly as an unexpected. This gnome is HUGE. I did knit the large size and probably should have paid more attention to the finished specs but I was still amazed at how big it was. Here is a picture for comparison
Knit Time: December 13 – December 23
** Since this has come up in the past I would like to add this little disclaimer: since this is not my pattern I cannot distribute it so please do not ask. Thanks in advance