So guess what one of my goals for 2012 is…Yup…Blog more. LOL! That one definitely won’t be hard are I have been pretty non existent here in the blogging world. Most people have moved on to other social networking platforms but I can’t even use that as an excuse since my Flickr account is locked for some reason that Yahoo nor Flickr can resolve and I am anti Facebook and Twitter so all I choose to have is this here blog so let’s make the most of it shall we.
Goals for 2012
I am making some of my goals for 2012 specifically broad. I find that I tend to get down on myself for not accomplishing certain things and forgetting to acknowledge all the other things I did instead. So here is goes:
1. Journal/Blog More – By journal I mean either this blog site or my personal one. I miss telling someone about the mundane accomplishments throughout the year even if it is only my future self. As far as blogging goes, sadly I only need to blog 8 more times to beat out 2011…LOL.
- blog once a week
- track my accomplishments weekly
- buy a new journal for 2012
2. Exercise more - This is a big one for me as I have become even more sedentary that my normal sloth of a self. I have started a new “alternative” exercise which I enjoy a lot. I also have Zumba and Yoga at work so between all that I should be able to improve in this area
- Exercise 4 times a week
3. Lose 35 LBS by June and Maintain throughout the year - That is a 1.5 LBS per week goal on average. That is pretty aggressive in my mind but I might as well shoot for the stars. June is that date because I have lots of family get togethers and a trip to Spain planned.
The Plan - Exercise 4 times a week
- Participate in the Biggest Loser contest at my job and win the $200+ dollar cash prize
- Track my weight each week to measure progress
- Track my food intake
4. Cook More - Seems counter to goal number 3 but after brushing up on some weight loss reading it always comes back to modified eating to maintain weight loss. I sometimes forget this when I am scarfing down chips late at night to get my salt fix. I have done a great job with this so far (i.e. day one) as my freezer is filled with homemade weight watchers or healthy eating recipes. Yay me!
- Grocery shop on Fridays only
- Plan the menu for the upcoming week by Friday morning
- Cook one new meal a week on the weekend.
- Cook Freezer friendly meals
5. Find More Time – I am single without kids and I still find myself without enough time. I have equated this lack of time to lack of planning. Therefore, I plan to try and get a routine started that will help me optimize on my free time per day.
- Work the daily chores list for 1 hour per day
- Relax on the weekend
- Cut down on my internet
time suck“inspiration” time
6. Craft More – Since work has been taking over my life I have not done much of anything in 2011 hence the lack of blogging. But I do plan to step it up in 2011. I don’t have any grandiose plans in this area but I do plan to do more than the one shirt and one skirt I accomplished in 2011.
- Make Pants dammit!!
- Make 12 items in 2012
- Take up a photography challenge
7. Finish Decorating my apartment by Spring - Oh yeah in 2011 I moved to the apartment of my dreams!!! Now I just need to decorate it.
- Find a kitchen table
- Buy a new bed and headboard
- Buy new window treatments for bedroom,living room, and dining room
- Hang art
8. Host a party in my new apartment - Because I need to celebrate number 7 and because I always say I am going to do this.
- Try recipes for the party
- Just Do it.
9. Work Smarter, not harder in 2012 - I have a lot on my plate for 2012 and it doesn’t look like it is going to ease up anytime soon so I need to figure out how to balance things better and get more done faster. Easier said than done and I don’t really have a clear plan for this one.
- Figure out how to work an 8 hour day
- The rest is TBD
10. Improve Myself – This one is very broad but something I feel I need to do. One major portion of this is health wise. My top five goals already address a portion of this but there is so much more to self improvement.
- Make major health appointments for the year by Feb 2012
- Learn how to handle my emotions better
11. Spend more time with people - I am a loner at heart. Content to stay inside my house all weekend in dead silence. However, I also enjoy the company of people and need to spend more time engaging with others as it is mentally healthy if you choose the right people.
- Date…this is self explanatory
- Spend more quality time with my family, especially my mother and stepdad
12. Manage my money better - This one is always on the list and will remain for 2012. I am not horrible at it but I do go through periods of blind spending that need to be reigned in a little bit more.
- Track spending for 2012
PHEW!!! Those are some BIG plans for 2012 but I think I am up to it. Guess we will know come 2013